Providing A Safe & Efficient UAS Research Environment
- Conduct UAS research as a public entity.
- Assist with preparation of Part 107 waivers.
- Support preparing exemptions under Section 333 of the 2012 FMRA.
- Special Airworthiness Certification for civil UAS in the Experimental Category through affiliated DARs.
- Support Special Airworthiness Certification of civil UAS in the Restricted Category.
- Assist with applications for Type Certification of civil UAS.
"Collaborate with FAA and industry partners to develop equipment, systems, rules, and procedures to safely integrate unmanned aircraft into the NAS without negatively impacting existing general or commercial aviation."
Where We Fly
Immediate access to uncongested airspace or customized to support your research!
Current COAs & Altitudes
- Northern Valley 1200'
- Bakken 1200'
- Corridor 94 1200'
- Nationwide 200'
- Nationwide 400'
- Lakota, ND 3000'
- Gilby, ND 3000'
- CREC (Carrington, ND) 3000'
- Hillsboro, ND 10,000'
Current COA Capabilities
- Day/Night Operations
- Daisy Chained Visual Observers
- Rural & Urban Environments
- Pen & Ink Change for Additional UAS
- Minimum 24 Hour NOTAM Requirement
- Part 48 Registration Acceptable